Well, it would seem that so far on the PTR, Blizzard likes us. There are not to many changes for feral druids. In fact, it seems that most of the feral changes are going to affect cats more then bears. The official patch notes for the PTR 4.2 state:
- Ferocious Bite damage has been increased by 15%. In addition, its base cost has been reduced to 25 energy and it can use up to 25 energy, for up to a 100% damage increase.
- Mangle (Cat) damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 530% weapon damage, up from 460%.
- Ravage damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 975% weapon damage, up from 850%.
- Shred damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 520% weapon damage, up from 450%.
- Frenzied Regeneration's health bonus is now reduced by 50%.
- Swipe (Cat) now deals 600% weapon damage at level 80 or higher, down from 670%.
- Glyph of Berserk duration increase is now 10 seconds, up from 5.
- Omen of Clarity clearcasting buff from now lasts 15 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
Look at these notes, the changes to Glyph of Berserk and Omen of Clarity are the only ones that really affect bears at all, and both of these are changes for the good.
- First, I know that I'm not the only one that feels that getting an extra 5 seconds to really pound on mobs with Mangle is a good thing. Mangle does large amounts of damage and when you use Berserk, you hit 3 targets instead of 1. How can this be a bad thing? No way I can see, lol.
- Second, the change to Omen of Clarity is a great one. Omen of Clarity reads:
Your damage spells and attacks have a small chance to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the Mana, Rage or Energy cost of your next cast-time damaging or healing spell or offensive feral ability by 100%.
If specialized as a Feral Druid, Omen of Clarity will also have a chance to occur from your auto-attacks.